From an email sent to me
• Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
• Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
• Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
• When you say, ‘I love you,’ mean it.
• When you say, ‘I’m sorry,’ look the person in the eye..
• Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
• Believe in love at first sight.
• Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.
• Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live life completely
• In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
• Don’t judge people by their relatives.
• Talk slowly but think quickly.
• When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, ‘Why do you want to know?’
• Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
• Say ‘bless you’ when you hear someone sneeze.
• When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
• Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
• Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
• When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
• Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice
• Spend some time alone.