There is something about wacky cleverness which is appetising. Do those of us who like this form of play with words appear to be a little weird?
• A carpenter drowned in a vat of varnish. The result is a wonderful finish.
• A catapult was confiscated from algebra class. It was a weapon of math disruption.
• A chicken crossing the road is pure poultry in motion.
• A gossip is someone with a great sense of rumour.
• A successful diet is a triumph of mind over platter.
• All the waterfowl kept their eyes closed except one. He was a Peking Duck.
• Banning the bra was a big flop.