I am attracted by clever twists in the way words are used. Here are some examples.
• Atheists can’t solve exponential problems because they do not believe in higher powers.
• An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.
• Alcohol and calculus don’t mix. Don’t drive and derive.
• A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to hospital. His grandmother telephoned to ask how he was. A nurse said ‘No change yet.’
• A noun and a verb were dating, but they broke up because the noun was too possessive.
• A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.
• A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
The English language does allow such cleverness. How do other languages compare?